Welcome to www.blogtheway.com (the “Website“). The Website is owned and operated by Peridot Consulting LLC. (“Peridot Consulting”, “us” or “we“).
PLEASE READ SECURITY POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. By using the Website, you signify your agreement to the security policy. If you do not agree to the Security Policy, you may not use the Website. In addition, when you use any of our current or future services, you will also be subject to our guidelines, terms, conditions and agreements applicable to those services. If the Security Policy is inconsistent with the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to those services, these Security Policy will control.
2. SECURITY AND YOUR ACCOUNT
You agree that the Security Policy is supported by reasonable and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which you hereby acknowledge, including, without limitation, your access to and use of the Website and data, materials and information available at or through the Website.
4. WEB HOSTING SERVICE with godaddy™
Peridot Consulting has thoroughly reviewed the security practices of various web hosting vendors. Peridot Consulting has chosen to provide their web hosting service using Website Security Express. Website Security Express delivers exceptional services with SUCURI. Benefits of the service are:
- 30-minute response time from trained security experts to rectify and fix malware issues
- Unlimited malware and other infections to the website
- Google blacklist monitoring & removal
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) provided around the clock
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
5. SSL CERTIFICATES
SSL Certificates protect your customers' sensitive information by encrypting the data they send to you, then decrypting it once you’ve received it. SSL uses SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption to protect sensitive data. It’s the strongest encryption on the market today.
6. McAfee SECURE™ Pro certified site
The Website is part of the McAfee SECURE™ web that is identified by the certification trustmark. The Pro Feature’s benefits are:
- Safer browsing when using Google Chrome browser with added extensions
- Protects customers’ identities
Certification Pro offers customers free Identity Protection. It insures customers for up to $100,000 in case of identity theft.
- Diagnostics helps keep the Website clean
7. Norton by symantec™
Peridot Consulting’s electronic devices are protected using Norton products:
Norton Small Business
Benefits for you and your business:
- Provides peace of mind for pennies per day.
- Delivers the same security trusted by Fortune 500 companies.
- Protects data across devices — desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Offers easy cloud-based setup and device management.
- Gives 24x7 support for you and your employees.
Norton WiFi Privacy
Secure private information like your passwords, bank details and credit card numbers when using public Wi-Fi on your PC, Mac or mobile device.
8. INTERNAL POLICIES
In the ever changing world of security, Peridot Consulting, has various internal policies and procedures to help protect the company and customer data. Some of these policies:
- Use Norton to provides anti-virus software
- Automatically updating the Norton anti-virus software
- Automatically updating the Operating System’s software
- Using Norton WiFi Privacy in public places; which include hotels, restaurants
- Never keep a customer’s information on portable devices
- Using laptop locks to keep our electronic devices safe when travel
- Use 2-factor authentication when available
- Never asking a customer for Personally Identifies Information (PII)
- Weekly security emails and annual training
9. CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITES
Peridot Consulting recognizes the complexity the security challenges place. Customers are responsible to protect their data devices and by doing this will help protect the Website. The customer should:
- Use a reputable company that provides anti-virus software
- Update anti-virus software consistently
- Update Operating System’s software
- Scan documents with anti-virus protection tool ahead of uploading any pictures or documents
- Use a WiFi (VPN) tool, like Norton WiFi Privacy, when using a public WiFi
- Never give your Personally Identifies Information (PII) out over the phone to an unverified source or email
- Use 2-factor authentication when available
Peridot Consulting is not responsible for external vendors or information that is referenced by Peridot Consulting. Peridot Consulting does urge for safe browsing and being aware of safe browsing habits.